MES Software Engineer
Senior MES Systems Engineer – Process Automation
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress.
You will join our Process Automation team based in Manchester within the Process Industries & Drives Division of Siemens. The team is a group of highly experienced engineers responsible for producing high quality software solutions on time and within budget.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, experienced with SQL, Microsoft Reporting services, high level languages, an understanding of communication layers with ERP and Automation products and with the ability to write technical documents to a high standard. A knowledge of SimaticIT suite of products would be useful but not essential as these can be learnt on the job. .
This role will report to the Engineering Manager and Industry area’s that may be covered are food & bev, pharma and oil &gas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Technical production of high quality software solutions on time and within budget.
- Be involved in the writing/co-ordination of Functional Design Specifications and associated documents.
- Travel and commission the equipment at client sites
- Be involved in the testing of all software produced and configuration of systems to satisfy the client’s application.
- When working within a project team, ensure that all activities are co-ordinated with the designated Lead Engineer & project manager.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good all round knowledge and experience in an engineering discipline and a qualification in this area is an advantage.
- Experience of SQL, SSRS, high level languages particularly C#, VB or .Net
- Experience of communication layer to Automation products including but not exclusive to OPC & Simatic Batch Integration Layer
- Experience in MES environments is preferable.
- Knowledge of SimaticIT suite of products including SimaticIT Classic, Unified Architecture Foundation / Process Industries / Discrete Manufacturing and Siemens HMI WinCC.
- Experience of writing technical documents to a high standard is essential.
- This role will be customer facing so, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with customers at all levels is essential.
- Experience of delivering training/knowledge transfer to customers is essential.
- A flexible attitude towards work (that at times can be outside of normal working hours) is essential. A UK driving license is also essential.
- Be highly motivated and work on their own initiative and also within a team.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK & Ireland full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Our Process Industries & Drives division measurably increases our industrial customers’ productivity and improve their time-to-market – with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. Siemens will support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety and efficiency of products, process and plants.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 102891
Organization: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time