Senior Accountant / Controller – Revenue Recognition & Project Accounting (m/f)
The SWE Accounting & Controlling Regional Hub is a financial and accounting competence center, covering all companies of the Siemens Group in Southwest Europe. It ensures the correctness of the Financial Statements of over 70 Legal Entities in Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
What are my responsibilities?
- Perform regular reviews of selected Service Business, POC and CPM projects, using a risk-based approach;
- Independent interaction with CF R stakeholders in several SWE countries, assuming ownership over the communications held;
- Foster a strong relationship with the business, growing as a value-adding trusted partner;
- Advise and challenge project commercials on their assumptions, ensuring a true and fair view in the project accounting (e.g., accruals, provisions, contract assets and liabilities positions);
- Develop an understanding of the underlying business and the risks resulting of the Books & Records;
- Provide guidance to divisions for complex IFRS transactions;
- Support the implementation of new business specific accounting standards. (e.g. IFRS15);
- Perform regular controls using standard reports and promote digitalization opportunities in its development and creation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting & Finance or similar;
- Professional experience in revenue controlling or auditing and business analysis;
- Experience acquired in auditing environment or multinational companies (manufacturing, energy, construction, etc.);
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and efficient communication skills, as well as initiative and proactiveness;
- Ability to work under pressure, on a changing environment;
- Good knowledge of SAP system (not mandatory);
- Fluent in English (German, Italian or French, is a plus);
- Availability to travel on a regular basis.
What else do I need to know?
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions.
Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application
Job ID: 102922
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time