OMCC Chief Controller
The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Maintenance Personnel.
Position holder will be responsible for overall supervision of OMCC operations during normal and degraded modes. Team leader of the OMCC team will contribute to safe tram operations in coordination with the internal / external contacts and meets all safety, quality and performance targets.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Manages OMCC Controllers and Operations Planner. Coordinates and disseminates information on Tram Operations to all operations staff or Maintenance Department;
- Responsible for the compliance of tram operations with the predefined timetables;
- Responsible for the safety of tram operations and the quality of service provided in the OMCC;
- Supports during special events and degraded operations, following rules and regulations at all times;
- Implements all appropriate measures in case of incident or equipment failure in order to restore normal passenger service
- Issues OMCC shift and daily reports
- Analyses operations events and participates in incident investigations
- Checks that timetables and rosters elaborated by the Operations Planner are accurate
- Responsible for the strict application of rules and procedures by all OMCC Controllers
- Contributes to OMCC Controllers and Operations Planner performance assessments (competency management)
- Verifies that all operations documentation is available and updated in the OMCC
- Ensures that all incidents or accidents are properly recorded and reported in order to assist during investigations
- May take over from an OCC Controller (operations or maintenance) and Operations Planner when necessary
- Can be requested to drive trams when required and after passing the examination process
- Assists during T&C activities
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits.
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 3 Years of experience in a similar position in a railway operation control centre with proven team management background
- Personal computer and Microsoft office software
- Familiar with maintenance management software (CMMS, Maximo, etc.) and modeling tools
- Is in good physical condition and meets requirements of fitness class 1 (may be requested to take over from a Tram Driver).
- Good understanding of rail public transport operations process and rules and procedures
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Ability to plan, organise and make decisions without supervision or guidance.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage priorities and assimilate new technical knowledge
- Ability to analyze and apply appropriate measures within rules & regulations framework
- Ability to issue accurate reports and statements
- Has strong leadership abilities
- Team player
- Result orientated
- Has great attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Business Competence
- Has excellent communication skills
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents - including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively - can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 102967
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time