At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise and awareness of the latest technology to provide overpressure protection consultation and process hazard and risk assessment services to our clients.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Perform pressure relief analysis (PRA) for the assigned projects which includes, but not limited to:
a) Data collection and verification (including site data collection such as site drawing verification, piping isometrics sketching and other site visits).
b) Overpressure scenario identification.
c) Relief load calculation.
d) Relief devices sizing or adequacy check.
e) Vapor disposal system (flare) sizing or adequacy check.
f) Flare radiation and dispersion modeling.
- Facilitate, scribe and/or drive process hazard and risk assessment (PHA) using tools such as HAZOP study, what-if, checklist, LOPA and SIL verification.
- Report regular work progress and updates to project manager. Ensure the timely completion of the assigned project tasks.
- Perform quality checks to capture defects prior to quality review by project lead.
- Provide technical support and clarification to the project manager during project review meetings.
- Liaise with the customers to collect project information or to resolve technical issues.
- Conduct software demonstration and trainings.
- Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining Siemens' best practices and value proposition to support customer needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating and/or engineering consulting business environment with direct experience in PRA and/or PHA related work (pressure relief analysis, flare study, HAZOP, LOPA, SIL verification etc).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of API.
- Demonstrated interest and accomplishments in pressure relief analysis and process hazard and risk assessment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Expected travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and technical competence in the field of PHA and PRA
- Knowledge in major oil & gas companies’ corporate PHA and/or PRA standards is a plus
- Exposure with any pressure relief analysis software such as Siemens PSPPM and iPRSM
- Exposure with process simulation and consequence modeling software such as Aspen Hysys, Aspen Flare System Analyzer, Simsci PRO II, Simsci Visual Flare, Flaresim, DNV PHAST etc.
Job ID: 102981
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time