We are recruiting for a Technical Operations Technician to join our healthcare diagnostics team. The role is based at our well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility based at Llanberis, Wales. The facility, based in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
The Technical Operations Technician will work within the Technical Operations team performing immunoassays, interpreting results and performing basic statistical analysis on generated data. This will ultimately lead to the timely resolution of technical issues and process improvement projects.
What are my responsibilities?
• Perform immunoassays in connection with Technical Operations investigations/projects.
• Follow procedures outlined in relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
• Document in a timely manner all experimental work carried out using recognised procedures.
• Interpret and perform basic statistical analysis on data generated.
• Summarise and present results of experiments to a satisfactory standard.
• Perform any specific Technical Operations GLP responsibilities to a satisfactory standard.
• Ensure all documentation is completed to the required quality standards and in a timely manner.
• Attend meetings/lectures held by or involving the Technical Operations department as appropriate.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
• BSc or equivalent in a relevant science-based degree.
• Experience of Immunoassays and familiarity with the use of computers is desirable.
• The Technical Operations department works to GLP and GMP and to strict deadlines requiring the candidate to have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team.
• This role involves contact with many other groups within the Siemens Wales site therefore it is important that all Technical Operations Technicians have good verbal and written communication skills.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 46,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.