IT Infrastructure Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
- Implementation, support, and daily operation including user support, Windows servers, VMware servers, SAN, network infrastructure, and related systems.
- Hands-on configuration, installation, maintenance, and backup of all servers and system data, and providing project support in the timely completion of IT projects, milestone dates, and deliverable.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Architects and implements storage and data management solutions, benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
- Ensure the availability and stability of the server, storage, and backup environments
- Manage and oversee information security.
- Establish, maintain, and document IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls, routers, VPN, and other network devices.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 4+ years of experience in IT infrastructure administration and support
- Experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, SANs, Cisco networking hardware, physical server hardware, and data center technologies (power, cooling, cabling, etc.)
- Practical experience troubleshooting operating system performance problems
- Practical experience with Cisco switching
- Practical experience with Firewall, Proxy and antivirus infrastructure setup
- Experienced with storage
- Experienced with VEEAM Backup
- Experienced with DR technologies and replications as Recover point
- Windows Desktop Administration Skills – Windows 7, Windows 10
- Expertise with Scripting languages - PowerShell, CMD, or VBScript
- Group Policy Design/Configuration
- Working and managing queues in ticketing systems.
- Highly efficient in conducting log review and root cause analysis
- Working with product vendors to resolve issues
- Use of network monitoring tools.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 103116
Organization: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time