Leading R&D Engineer (Energy Systems and Software)
Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
We are looking for an engineer who will contribute to the R&D activities of the team. General research direction is related to energy systems which covers broad range of possible applications. Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied research and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
What are responsibilities?
General areas of responsibilities cover:
· Development of optimization algorithms for power grids with distributed generation (optimal placement of protective devices, energy storage elements, etc.)
· Development of monitoring & diagnostics algorithms (for energy storage systems, hydrolysis cells, etc.)
· Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
· Work in a team using agile development methodologies
· Support integration of developed algorithms into cloud applications
· Ramp-up and coordination of research projects with universities
· Proposition and development of own innovative ideas for the sake of contribution to the teams’ R&D portfolio
· Patenting of ideas contributing to the company’s intellectual property portfolio
What are requirements?
· M. Sc. degree in technical sciences (or equivalent experience)
· Experience in algorithms development using Python, MATLAB, R (>3 years)
· Scientific publications and references or proven successful industry experience
· Great interest and motivation for applied research
· Creative thinking and willingness to get knowledge in various technical domains (power engineering, gas turbines design & operation, etc.)
· Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually, ability to prioritize work
· Fluent English
Would be beneficial
· PhD degree in technical sciences
· Knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
· Experience with Cloud Computing, e.g. AWS, MS Azure
· Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
· Full time position
· Corporate medical insurance
· Corporate pension program
· Corporate trainings
· Fitness compensation
· Lunch compensation
· Relocation support for candidates from outside of St. Petersburg
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!
Job ID: 103194
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time