Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our Rail Electrification to work in the TRUe Alliance delivery team in our York offices. This role will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and will be integrating commercial activities and managing performance and compliance.
The mission of the Alliance is to transform the East of Leeds route allowing people to travel faster, more reliably and in greater comfort between the North’s great cities. Providing passengers with more choice, more seats and better facilities on a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly railway.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Manage and build collaborative relationships within the Alliance and with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
- Ensure that suppliers fully understand the requirements and philosophy of the PAA Contract.
- Advise and implement appropriate commercial arrangements and actions to achieve the Alliance requirements to ensure attainment of the Value for Money statement.
- Support the Alliance budget holders so that they can make informed decisions on the basis of transparent cost capture and forecasting is achieved on a consistent basis, utilising robust commercial management and practices.
- Provide post contract commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
- Be accountable for the establishment, maintaining and monitoring of contemporaneous records to provide support any Change Event.
- Forecast financial/schedule impact assessments for proposed change and carry out cost impact analysis of instructed changes to scope/schedule.
- Negotiate on financial impacts of Change Events with suppliers.
- Maintain and assure the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Maintain and assure the records and other documentation that relate to the Works in accordance with good commercial practices, standards and procedures
- Work with the Alliance Assurance Manager and/or Auditor to timeously answer and close out queries.
- Lead cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking in accordance with the Alliance process.
- Lead cost management, trending and forecasting for the project.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Advise in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the Alliance teams to integrate commercial activities.
- Take the lead in developing Alliance systems and process to enable the delivery of a commercially robust and compliant system.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Degree or HND/C from a relevant field
- Commercial experience within a similar environment
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works.
- Commercially aware and financially astute.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements and philosophy of the PAA
- The ability to manage own tasks through to conclusion.
- Adept at developing team members to upskill to meet the needs of the Alliance.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 103287
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time