Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager for our Rail Electrification to work in the TRUe Alliance delivery team in our York offices. This role will be reporting to the Alliance Commercial Lead and will be managing commercial activities including reporting processes, control and forecasting.
The mission of the Alliance is to transform the East of Leeds route allowing people to travel faster, more reliably and in greater comfort between the North’s great cities. Providing passengers with more choice, more seats and better facilities on a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly railway.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Manage and build collaborative relationships within the Alliance and with suppliers.
- Ensure that reporting is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the PAA Contract.
- Advise and implement appropriate arrangements and actions to achieve accurate and consistent reporting within the Alliance.
- Support the Alliance budget holders so that they can provide consistent and reliable reports which detail accurate cost capture and forecasting.
- Be accountable for the establishment, maintaining and monitoring of the commercial reporting process, benchmark the quality of the reporting process with other programmes of work.
- Identify and include within the reporting process any changes to the financial position of the Alliance.
- Maintain and assure the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Work with the Alliance Programme Controls Manager to ensure the consistency of the reporting between programme controls and commercial.
- Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Advise on the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure/Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the Alliance teams to integrate commercial reporting activities.
- Take the lead in developing Alliance reporting systems and process to enable the delivery of a commercially robust and compliant system.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Degree or HND/C from a relevant field
- Membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) preferred
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead a team
- Adept at developing team members to meet the needs of the Alliance.
- Commercially aware and financially astute.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements and philosophy of the PAA
- The ability to manage own tasks through to conclusion.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 103290
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time