Information Technology is core to our future. Be part of this change.
At the Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub we are reinventing the world of today and tomorrow. Technology advances almost every day. As one of our IT specialists, you can help us find new ways of utilizing it so that businesses can work more efficiently and effectively. Whether it’s supporting the digitalization journey and new data-based business models or developing best-in-class security systems to keep customer details safe from cyber-attacks.
We are looking for a Major Incident Manager (M/F).
What are my responsibilities?
- To lead and manage the resolution of IT Major Incidents in an efficient and timely manner to minimize the impact to Siemens
- To engage with a diverse group of IT Providers to restore IT Services as quickly as possible.
- Report to the Global Head of Major Incident Management as part of a team of ~20 spread across the globe.
- Engage on all Major Incidents and establish Technical & Management Bridges as required.
- Assist with non-Major-Incidents upon request from Service Delivery Managers or Service Desk to be raised as Major Incident and ensure the participation of required technical resources and senior tower management in technical bridges.
- Establish and maintain customer updates during the incident according defined channels as well as be responsible for provider Management communications via mobile messaging and email
- Make sure good consistent quality updates are maintained and create a Major Incident record in ITSM tool, update and maintain quality of the data in the record.
- Gather appropriate resources (Management and Technical) and if applicable customer representatives and subject matter experts into the Major Incident Resolution Team
- Build strong linkages with all core ITIL processes as part of the end-to-end process (e.g Problem Management)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the area;
- Experience in working in IT environment
- ITIL Certifications are a plus
- Have a good knowledge of Infrastructure backend architecture (servers, storage units)
- Basic knowledge in cloud environments and Microsoft Office products
- Quality assurance relating to deliverables from third parties i.e. IT Providers and Vendor sub-contractors.
- Familiar with IT outsourcing contracts, SLA / KPI’s, license policies, charging models, etc.
- Soft Skills (Communication and Relationship management):
- Team player and enjoy working in an international and cross-functional team
- Advanced English language (mandatory),
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience in working with virtual teams;
- Passion for customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Team player;
- Availability to travel occasionally;
- Fluent English (mandatory).
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application in English
Job ID: 103455
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time