Consultancy Services Engineer
Consultancy Services Engineer - Poole
Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally with teams based in Belfast, Glasgow, Ashby, Poole and London. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
This role will require close working with other parts of the CS team and the local field services and tendering teams. The purpose of the role is to deliver of a wide range of traffic engineering projects including traffic modelling and traffic signal design, MOVA validation and UTC configuration. This is a technical role but also requires liaison one to one with our customer base on a daily basis.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Deliver a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice
- Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles
- Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects
- Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications
- Preparation of consultancy/design quotations
- HNC/HND/Degree level in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant experience
- Experience of AutoCAD and KeySignals is desirable for this role
- Knowledge of MOVA and/or SCOOT UTC is preferable
- Experience and knowledge of UTMC would be advantageous
Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
To have experience in some of the following areas
- Traffic signal design fundamentals and UK standards/specifications
- Traffic engineering software including Linsig, Transyt and AutoCAD with KeySignals
- Knowledge of traffic signal products from across the industry
- UTC systems & SCOOT
- MOVA design & validation
- Microsimulation software including VISSIM and Paramics
- Other traffic systems including UTMC Common Databases and Remote Monitoring
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 103486
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time