Senior Accountant (m/f)
The SWE Accounting & Controlling Regional Hub is a financial and accounting competence center, covering all companies of the Siemens Group in Southwest Europe. It ensures the correctness of the Financial Statements of over 70 Legal Entities in Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
What are my responsibilities?
- Coordinate the monthly financial closing and ensure that the reporting requirements are fulfilled;
- Perform regular critical reviews of the Balance Sheet and P&L;
- Advise the Operating Business on accounting issues and special transactions;
- Provide support and maintain effective communication with internal and external partners like local management, headquarters, auditors and other departments;
- Support the implementation of new business specific accounting standards;
- Perform and implement controls;
- Assist in special projects like M&A transactions
- Active participation in different projects within the accounting area
- Enhance and harmonize processes and accounting systems
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting & Finance or similar;
- At least 3 years experience in Accounting, Audit or similar;
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and efficient communication skills, initiative and proactivity;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to work in a changing environment and willing to travel;
- Good knowledge of SAP system;
- Fluent in English (mandatory) and one other language (preferred);
- Proficient in MS Excel & Office
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
Job ID: 103625
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time