Product Manager Rotor Dynamics
The Product Manager Rotor Dynamics Testing will assist the Product Line Manager in defining and bringing to market the Simcenter Testlab Rotor Dynamics products. For this position, we are looking for a technical person, with a strong marketing and commercial mindset, who knows how to relate product features to customer benefits and successfully position these into the market; as well as to propose and steer research activities and translate the research outcome into new products by closely interacting with the development team.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
In this role you will be responsible for following areas:
- Product Marketing: defining strategies for maximizing commercial success of our Simcenter Testlab Rotor Dynamics product suite, considering and deciding ‘which’ markets to go after and also ‘how’ the products should be brought to market.
- Product definition: assisting in the development of the short and long term roadmap of Simcenter Testlab Rotor Dynamics with the objective to maximize business return. You will gather requirements from a variety of sources: market analysis, competitive analysis, interaction with key customers in automotive, aero and mechanical industries. You will collect the right set of requirements in a timely manner, prepare and defend the business cases in due time. You write the requirements down in detail, including software requirement aspects covering functionality.
- Based on market needs, you propose concrete innovation projects and steer research activities carried out by the internal research team or external research partners.
- During the development phase of an ongoing release you keep close interaction with the development teams for reviewing functional specifications, assisting in the testing, resetting priorities, and more.
- You make sure that the materials needed for a successful launch are ready in due time. This concerns both internal-only materials such as competitive positioning but also external materials such as Simcenter Testlab Rotor Dynamics presentations, highlighting the values of a new release.
- You provide 2nd line deal support assisting the zones and countries technically and commercially with the objective to leverage your expertise to assist in closing deals.
The position is based in Leuven, Belgium. Willingness to travel is essential in order to support deals, collect customer feedback and requirements, attend exhibitions and conferences, and execute innovation projects with international research and business partners.
The successful candidate:
- Has a Master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering or comparable (aerospace, automotive, electrical, civil, …)
- Has a technical solid background in the area of NVH, vibration and acoustic testing
- Is able to manage technical information and relate to all business partners
- Has strong representation and relationship building skills, both internally and with external clients and partners
- Has knowledge of PDM/PLM solutions and physical testing: data acquisition hardware and software for vibrations and acoustics
- Is a team player, analytical and result-driven
- Is fluent in English (both verbal and written)
What we offer:
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. PLM Solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Job ID: 103875
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time