From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens Mobility has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Buying Professional to join our team in Docklands, Victoria, and is a great role for someone looking to take the next step in their procurement career. Reporting to the Head of Procurement Australia & New Zealand, this will be a diverse role allowing you to gain exposure to all levels of the business internally and to external suppliers.
• PR-to-PO conversion of assigned project demands by computer system SAP R/3
• Granting and monitoring of purchase orders up to the invoicing
• Participating on project team meetings to align and ensure on-time deliverables to projects sites
• Scheduling, monitoring and ongoing investigations appointment with external suppliers and internal customers
• Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
• Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement
• Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).
• Collaboration on performance evaluation
• A business, accounting, or supply chain qualifications would assist you in performing the analytical and reporting requirements of the role.
• Proficient in using MS Office and SAP or a similar tool.
• Experience in logistics would be considered advantageous.
• You will be confident in communicating across all levels of the business, including suppliers and you will have proven experience in showing initiative and applying appropriate levels of assertiveness to ensure tasks are completed.
• Strong organisational skills and high level of attention to detail will see you succeed in this role.
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join a global provider in Mobility solutions. In return for your commitment you will have access to an attractive remuneration package and possible future career opportunities.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 103964
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time