Senior Investigating Officer
How do you shape the future by ensuring Compliance? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow – the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Legal and Compliance
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You will be responsible for managing, conducting and reporting on all assigned compliance investigations in Lead Country India and the assigned countries.
- You will handle complex and sensitive cases with possible criminal and / or disciplinary consequences at different organization levels.
- In this position you will be activity interacting with Senior Management in the region, and with external investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- You will ensure that investigations conducted in the region take into account the various cultural norms that may impact upon successful investigation activity
- You will be in charge of the regular reports to the in-country Management and functionally to Regulatory Governance Case Handling Asia and Australia.
- You will be responsible for assisting other Case Handling staff or Operational Compliance Officers in the conduct of mandated central and local investigations.
- You will provide support, training, guidance and direction in the analysis and investigation of highly complex compliance-related matters to more junior staff.
- You will be responsible for managing and preparing all planned investigative approaches for the investigations assigned under the responsibility of the Regional Office and in line with the Company Investigations Process.
- You will ensure that investigations in the region are conducted in a professional and timely manner adequately considering the risks for the business from a compliance perspective.
- You will provide regional management with timely and risk-based advice on matters arising from assigned investigation activity under the direction of the Regional Head, Regulatory Governance Case Handling Asia Australia
- You will actively participate in the remediation of all recommendations issued in assigned reports of investigation by the Regional Office.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree (in Business Administration, Law, Accounting, Political Science or similar fields) from reputable University or colleges or other qualification with comparable skill set or significant, relevant experience in a law enforcement or public sector agency
- You have least 12 -16 years professional experience in the listed duties and responsibilities with ideally first management experience;
- You have solid experience in international financial crime investigations with a governmental investigative agency preferably
- You have 2-3 years professional experience in the conduct of internal investigations in a corporate environment preferably with a multi-national company
- You have broad understanding of legal issues affecting investigations and have strong communication skills particularly in writing reports
- You are skilled in investigative interviewing and managing conflicts
- You are analytical and able to identify, analyze and report on compliance risks
- You have experience in working with the relevant software such as MS Office, and the ability to learn and operate specific investigative IT applications for investigations
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Worli, Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 103974
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time