Head of Plant
The Head of Factory in Goole is responsible for all Manufacturing & Supply Chain activities at that site. The manufacturing facility at Goole will form part of a larger global manufacturing footprint in Siemens Rolling Stock.
A key requirement of the role is to ensure that all measures are in place to secure the highest degree of manufacturing quality, on time and competitive, in an environment where health & safety is never compromised.
As the Head of Factory for Goole you will work very closely with the Rolling Stock leadership team insuring that the site complies with strategic & governance targets set by the Managing Director.
What are my responsibilities?
The Head of Factory at Goole will have the following operational responsibilities:
- Creating & maintaining a safe workplace where mental & physical health is never compromised.
- Developing, executing and monitoring the global manufacturing strategy, at a local level. As this Plant is a start up the job holder will be required to work very closely with the transfer of technology team in Vienna.
- Driving procedures, methods and innovations for maintaining high standards of operational performance.
- Ensuring that products conform to local & international quality standards.
- Maintaining resources and capabilities necessary to deliver customer and business expectations.
- Facilitating a workplace where diversity is welcomed & encouraged.
- Driving the organization to maintain and improve its competitive position and its profitability.
- Supporting the Deep Tube project team in managing the Customers expectations with regards to Quality, Cost & Delivery.
- Managing support functions such as Procurement, Engineering and all external partners contributing to the factory's success.
- Selects and engages service providers locally, and guides, monitors and approves execution of services provided.
- Liaise with local authorities in public matters and represents Siemens manufacturing site in related matters. Interfacing with local workers council and trade unions where applicable.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Extensive experience in state-of-the-art Manufacturing processes specifically in Rolling Stock.
- International experience (projects and//or delegation)
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Proven leadership skills & competencies evidenced by leading large factories with over 300 employees.
- Extensive experience about systematic methods to drive continuous improvements in productivity, efficiency, sustainability and reliability.
- Experience in large localization projects in different countries, including technology transfer and twin-site training requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Proven track record in delivering a safe and healthy working environment, according to EH&S and Quality policies.
- Commercial knowledge about typical financial performance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in typical IT Systems used in a manufacturing environment. The job holder will be committed to the application of digital technologies e.g. AI, automation, digital twin, paperless factory
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for applications is 4th April.
Job ID: 104119
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time