Business Development Manager - Middle East
Business Development Manager - Middle East & Special Projects
This role will represent the Siemens Engine Business (SEB) product line in the Middle East territory and requires a high level of technical competence in the reciprocating gas and diesel engine product family. The aim of the role is to build SEB presence in the Middle East market and increase our sales effort within the Oil & Gas supply chain including EPCs, NOCs and Majors. In addition, this role will also from to time to time be expected to develop special project opportunities beyond the Middle East territory. The SEB product line requires the development of long-term relationships with Business Partners and also regular interface with PS DO.
The Siemens Engine Business is planning a major growth initiative and we are seeking people with an entrepreneurial spirit, motivated by the challenge of creating a new major player in the reciprocating engine market, during an era in which decentralization is one of the major trends defining the energy industry.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitors territory for sales opportunities and manages the opportunities as they emerge or can be created in order to secure the business for the Company.
- Manages all aspects of the client interface on assigned projects and inquiries, this includes negotiating contractual terms.
- Leads all aspects of the project development from initial inquiry stages to order entry.
- Manages and evaluates the Business partner network in assigned Territory, and provides feedback for the Business partner Evaluation Panel as required.
- Prepares price recommendations for approval as needed.
- Manages and directs preparation of the technical and commercial proposals.
- Supports the Business partner as applicable and necessary to determine whether or not the project is viable for Siemens.
- Works closely with the Application Engineering / Proposals Team to develop competitive and innovative solutions for customers.
- Delivers technical and commercial presentations to clients.
- Prepares business activity reports for management, clients, or others including “lost business” analysis.
- Assists with the coordination of worldwide projects and takes the lead when appropriate
- Directs difficult or highly specified RFQ’s to the appropriate Application Engineer for assistance and prepares quotations as necessary.
- Confers with project management, engineering and manufacturing personnel to provide technical advice, develop alternatives and resolve problems.
- Coordinates proposal activities with activities of regulatory agencies.
- Operates the Company selection & proposal programs in a proficient manner and is also capable of preparing quotation packages and training others.
- Interfaces and coordinates with the Service business Sales as required for any common joint projects.
- Understanding and negotiation of commercial terms.
How do I qualify for this job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree
- The ability to travel internationally and/or domestically; there will be substantial travel which may be up to or exceeding 40%
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to higher management, public groups, Executive staff, the Management Committee and key client groups.
- Fluency in English is necessary; fluency in another language is desired, Spanish language would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must have the ability to travel both within Asia, US and Europe. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dynamic, motivated and creative individual able to craft solutions based on product supply to full turnkey solutions.
What else to I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 104161
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time