We have an exciting new opportunity for a Production Manager to join our West Coast Mainline contract in the North. You will primarily be based in our Northampton Traincare Facility however you will be expected to travel to other sites as per business requirements.
As a Production Manager you would be responsible for the day to day delivery of the Train Service Agreement to the customer, ensuring the on time maintenance of rolling stock undertaken and controlled by teams of Supervisors and Technicians. Responsible for the planning, preparation and operating performance of the maintenance schedules. You will also be accountable for ensuring our end customer requirements are understood and continuous improvement plans are in place to maximise opportunities for cost reduction, improved quality and efficiency.
What are your responsibilities?
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools and third party services to meet the operational requirements
- Develop and execute production plan to meet business targets, keeping deferred work to a minimum
- Ensure all maintenance activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant maintenance instruction and Group Standards
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints or delay to our customers
- Ensure any extraordinary circumstances or any complex work is built into the plan
- Actively encourage identification of continuous improvement activities and implement any with significant cost and labour savings
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action
- Develop good relationships with customers by ensuring consistent delivery of targets and escalations are dealt with promptly
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities; develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Management or supervisory experience in a technical position
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance procedures/practices
- Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisation/planning skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment legislation/procedures
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 104275
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time