Wheel Lathe Technician, Northampton
Join us as a Wheel Lathe Technician and be part of our growing Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business based in our Northampton Traincare Facility.
As a Wheel Lathe Technician your primary responsibility will be to operate and maintain the wheel lathe and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the wheel lathe and train wash.
What are my responsibilities?
- Wheel reprofiling and carrying out post tyre turning examinations
- Assisting other team members with the development of technical skills
- Maintaining the wheel lathe and train wash as well as plant and equipment as required
- Updating and maintain the wheel set database and any other records, as directed by the Supervisor
- Undertaking train driving duties as required
- Carrying out routine train maintenance and exam work when required
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health and Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to produce complex, analytical technical reports
- Safety critically assessed
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee of Siemens, you will:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Different genders, ages, races and sexualities. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. That’s how you create change.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 104277
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time