Design Engineer HV/LV - York
Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer for our Rail Electrification business. This Design Engineers with experience in either High Voltage or Low Voltage Substation Design supporting the lead design engineers in delivery of innovative major rail; projects across the UK. . Based out of our offices in York and reporting to the regional Engineering Manager the Design Engineer will deliver consistent high quality of design systems to safely implement rail traction power distribution projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Prepare technical details, distribution drawings, estimates and working drawings for rail traction power works within the project team to meet laid down timescales and authorised budget constraints.
- Carry out independent checking of design documents as required.
- Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Flexible, innovative approach, willing to learn and engage in the implementation of new technologies
- Able to contribute and work within a team of industry-leading engineers in an environment open to challenge and being challenged in pursuit of excellence
- Maintain and develop own professional knowledge and competence.
- Provide support and input to Project Manager and Project Engineers on allocated projects. Assist in the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met.
- Maintain continuous communication with colleagues and customers to ensure coherent design and customer satisfaction.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Deputise as Contractors’ Responsible Engineer on allocated projects as directed.
- Support problem solving and site engineering when required.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- High Voltage or Low Voltage Substation design for the Railway environment.
- An Engineering Degree or HND/HNC minimum.
- Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
- Experience in the design and implementation of rail traction power systems with particular emphasis on the preparation and checking of designs
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of task, time and people management.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer Status
- Holder of Personal Track Safety card
- Railway protection, traction power system design, SCADA, distribution or substation project/site engineer experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 104290
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time