System Design Engineer
Job title: System Design Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
Have you graduated recently and are looking for the next step in your career? We’re looking for the future makers of tomorrow. Bright and level-headed candidates with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Siemens Transmission Solutions operates in partnership with customers in the UK Electricity Generation and Supply Industry and Industrial markets providing them with individual solutions to any complex problem involving electrical power transmission.
Based in Manchester and Newcastle, the division delivers complete turnkey solutions that meet these demanding needs as it uniquely combines its own local experience with Siemens technology, leading-edge products and systems. We take complete responsibility for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and maintenance.
We are looking for design engineers who have graduated from university with an MEng or BEng in electrical engineering. Previous work experience in this field is desirable but not necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
· Analysis of the needs of our customers from their Employers Requirements and from face to face meetings.
· Creation of design proposals for High Voltage AC Power Transmission Systems that provide the lowest cost of ownership of systems for our customers.
· Performing loadflow, short circuit and other studies to verify that the proposed designs meet performance requirements and all relevant technical standards. Training will be provided if necessary.
· Creation of technical reports to document the results of analysis and to obtain the approval of customers and authorities.
· Close collaboration with other Engineering disciplines at all stages of the concept development, detailed design, construction and commissioning process.
Here is what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
· A strong background knowledge in electrical engineering.
· Working knowledge of electrical system analysis packages.
· The ability to see the bigger picture and focus on the outcome.
· Openness to feedback and challenge in a team environment as it will support innovation and learning. We operate in an environment where inclusion is encouraged to allow everyone to contribute to their full potential.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Working knowledge of MS-Office applications
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 104293
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time