The Global Mobility Service Center (GMSC) supports Siemens employees relocating for international assignments (delegations). As part of this center, the Delegation Services team supports the center’s core business, acting as procedural experts and intermediaries with external providers, delivering both efficient and effective administrative processes by ensuring policies and best practice are followed and by identifying potential problems before they occur
In this role, the Global Mobility Specialist will be responsible for administering delegation related matters assigned to them, and working with all applicable stakeholders to bring processes to full and final conclusion. The ideal candidate will keep track of administration matters, manage expectations related to status and progress, and escalate unresolved cases to the applicable party.
The ideal candidate will strive to learn and understand the end-to-end Home- and Host Based Assignment processes as well as Construction related assignments to drive additional process efficiencies as well as enabling the other GMSC teams to focus on their core business.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure the various kinds of international assignments used within Siemens are executed through the agreed processes and according to applicable corporate policies
• Independently manage, and conduct semi-complex research and analysis, as it relates to US car insurance.
• Understand and manage US tax equalization, tax adequacy, and tax payment administrative processes. Execute collection/payment process with tax firm, delegates, and US tax entities.
• Resolve semi-complex international business travel IT system related issues
• Manage and maintain different Access Databases for tracking and auditing purposes that link into a variety of different processes
• Maintain data in GEM IT tool (IHRIS) in order to ensure completeness and accuracy of data, documents, and delegation statuses
• Draft and prepare delegation contracts and a range of other documents as needed by other parties, including cost projections, employment verification letters, delegation extension and termination documents and loan agreements.
• Execute regular and ad-hoc reports as needed by other parties
• Authorize vendor services (e.g. travel insurance, tax assistance, car insurance, relocation services) and apply for certificates of coverage from the applicable social security administration when directed to do so by the delegation consultant.
• Audit travel tracker entries, and provide reports
• Prioritize and independently manage day-to-day workload including timely answer to adhoc inquiries from all applicable parties within agreed upon SLA’s
• Proactively identify problem trends, and takes appropriate steps to resolve them by involving appropriate parties as needed.
• Partner with GMSC consultants and managers as needed to complete special projects and situations.
• Research escalations for consultants and provide feedback.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experiences:
• Bachelor's Degree- preferably in a related discipline
• Relevant experience in an internationally-oriented environment.
• Basic understanding of accounting, compensation, taxation, and immigration is a plus.
• Strong technical skills in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access or similar database systems (Access is a plus).
• Detail oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Solid organizational skills that enable an individual to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Works well both as an individual and in a collaborative team environment.
• Reliable, energetic, and self-motivated at fulfilling daily tasks.
• Focuses on value creation while consistently demonstrating a commitment to service excellence.
• Customer service advocacy experience.