Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification.
Siemens Mobility Norway is seeking an experienced Documentation Manager to support our ERTMS signaling project according to Siemens Mobility’s standards and customer requirements.
Documentation Manager for ERTMS signaling project
Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for a project Documentation Manager who will be responsible for the document management in the Norwegian part of the ERTMS project in close co-operation with the Documentation Manager in Siemens Mobility's headquarter in Germany.
You will work based on established rules and guidelines and independently execute the project documentation management for our project in Norway. You will fulfill the tasks in time and in budget with the necessary quality and in coordination with the project management and quality management.
We need an experienced person with management and communication skills, able to handle a complex project for a customer with high quality demands.
As digitalization is essential for optimizing processes, candidates are expected to show proven skills in this area.
The following tasks and responsibilities are part of your responsibilities:
- Support of the project team in all issues relating to project documentation
- Continuous review and improvement of processes, both internal and with our customer
- Maintain the project in the EDM (electronic document system), including data ownership, folder structure, roles and access rights, archiving/classification criteria
- Maintain and update the project specific document management plan (DM plan)
- Alignment of the document management processes and plan with the customer’s document management, in close dialogue with the customer
- Maintenance of the master document list (includes customer documents and internal project documents) with the project organization and, where applicable, the customer
- Controlling the timely document preparation in collaboration with the project scheduler
- Acceptance and archiving of customer documents
- Acknowledgement (submittals) of documents from/to customer and external partners
- Translation management (e.g. by using external suppliers)
Qualifications and experience
- More than eight years of experience with document management
- Leadership: experience in leading a document management team
- Languages: English (required), Norwegian (required), German (favourable)
- Process focused
- Technology minded
- Self-going, result- and quality oriented
- Customer focused
Specific Competencies for this position
- Experience with EDM systems, e.g. SAP and ProArc
- Knowledge of international standards for document management (please specify which)
- Expert skills in Excel (not necessarily VBA)
- Good understanding of IT process chains and integration
- Experience in working with Bane NOR, Norway, as a customer (favourable)
Contact: Alexander Siebert, Project Manager, phone: 93 21 91 23
Application deadline: Sunday 31st March 2019
We use background check in our recruitment process.
Job ID: 104652
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time