AWS & Hadoop Consultant
Job title: AWS and Hadoop Consultant
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution Emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
Change the future with us.
- Implements complete automated environment on cloud providers like AWS using tools like terraform/ansible or any other.
- Installation and configuration management of complete Hadoop clusters including security components like Ranger/Kerberos and vulnerability assessment.
- Ensures consistency to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, within the team
- Planning, implementing and maintaining Hadoop Cluster using Cloudera Manager, Hortonworks and AWS EMR.
- Involved in bench marking Hadoop/HBase cluster file systems various batch jobs and workloads.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Engineering Graduate / Post Graduate (preferably a major in Computer Science/ Electronics)
- Should have good experience on terraform/ansible.
- Installing and maintaining Hive, Spark,Kafka,flume along with Cloudera Manager.
- Optimizing Hadoop by leading memory for different tools in ecosystem.
- Proficient in Memory management (JVM, Heap, YARN).
- Cluster health monitoring and troubleshooting using Cloudera Manager.
- Actively participate with Hadoop Development team during project deployment and access management in the Hadoop environment.
- User Authentication management and Configuration.
- Creation and modification of Automation Script if any modification required.
- Sentry, Hue, Kerberos and Kerberos Administration.
- Provide response for functional queries related to application.
- Queries related to application and service workflow.
- Actively participate during release management and deployment.
- Commissioning and Decommissioning nodes to an existing Hadoop cluster
- Good in analysing log files for Hadoop and ecosystem services and finding root cause.
- Verify HDFS data storage and running map-reduce jobs.
- Experience in importing and exporting the data using Sqoop to HDFS to Relational Database systems/mainframe and vice-versa.
- Good in scheduling Hadoop/Hive/Sqoop/HBase jobs using Oozie.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining production environments, including standard networking preferably RHEL as OS.
- Authoritative knowledge of administration of Redhat Products, especially RHEL 6 & 7
- Experienced knowledge of server side networking (TCP/UDP/Multicast).
- Experience using Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs. AWS Certifications are especially conducive
- Authority in AD integration and management and a little windows server management.
- Experience designing solutions using infrastructure orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Terraform etc.)
- Experience with UI/UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users / domain authorities
- Experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC?s, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
- Understanding of microservice development and standard methodologies
- Good to have hands-on experience with tools like Jenkins, Liquibase, Splunk, ELK
- Incident management
- Problem management like providing workaround in case cluster and services are not working as expected
- Service requests like user creation, user administration, automation job issues resolution.
- Solving in case of an application outage or failure of some critical component. Must be able to perform a detailed RCA and provide his findings/observation to management.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 104689
Organization: Global Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time