Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go, we make sure it makes its way.
How do you shape the future through Energy Management? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Energy Management. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Solution Engineer – Managed Services
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Energy Management. We are hiring for a Solution Engineer – Managed Services. The right individual for this job will be responsible for managing Smart Grid oriented applications. This includes the requirements gathering, specification documentation, system construction/configuration, testing, Q/A, delivery and Operational activities. The Solution Engineer role will contribute to the software configuration, business validation, performance tuning, exception handling and support the Global Managed Services team. This is a customer facing position that requires a high level of professionalism, working hand in hand with the Project Manager and other Solution Engineers, and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution. Strong technical engineers with a solid business and technical background, a solid understanding of Enterprise Software delivery in the Smart Meter/Smart Grid Utility space, and experience with current and prevalent web technologies. Understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) is a plus. This is an analytical, technical, problem-solving, customer facing position focused on configuring and testing Smart Grid software solutions to meet customer requirements. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment. Join our team and we will help you find the right path for your career through our wide range of opportunities.
We make real what matters
· You will be participating on teams comprised of Project Managers, Solution Architects and other Solution Engineers.
· You will have to provide work estimates and regular status updates to be used in project planning & tracking, Deploy, configure and test Smart Grid Application solutions.
· You will be involved in Assisting design workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices, Identify, log, track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues.
· You will have to provide support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers in line with ITIL processes, Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
· Should have sound knowledge in Data Analytics and Visualization.
· You Should be a team player and individual contributor as business demands
What you need to make real what matters
· Knowledge in UNIX, PL/SQL
· Basic knowledge on Python/Java Scripting language will be an added advantage
· Good MS excel or any spreadsheet usage.
· Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
· Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
· Strong analytical and on the job problem solving skills
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Process Industries and Drives at: and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 104691
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time