For nearly 170 years, ground-breaking technologies, and business models built upon these technologies, have been the cornerstone of our success – innovations that, by their very nature, do not simply offer new ideas but actually set new market standards for products, solutions, and services.
Innovations are what allowed our company to expand from a start-up in a Berlin courtyard to a leading-edge global enterprise, and innovations are the ingredients of a successful future – for our company, for our customers, and for society.
Corporate Technology (CT), as Siemens’ central research and development arm, has a critical role to play here. Under the leadership of the Chief Technology Officer and in partnership with the operating units, CT develops Siemens’ technology and innovation strategy, creates and industrializes basic technologies, promotes business excellence through consulting and engineering services, and protects the company’s intellectual property. Corporate Technology is both a creative driver of disruptive innovations and a partner to the Siemens businesses, offering them high quality research, development, and consulting services.
About our Group: The Autonomous Systems and Control team in India works on building reliable anthropomorphic control for autonomous systems. We are looking for talented, highly motivated researchers to develop autonomous system capabilities for Siemens’ next generation products.
We are looking for highly capable researchers to develop autonomous system capabilities for Siemens’ Autonomous Systems and Control (ASY) Research Group.
We make real what matters
1. Drive design and development of software and hardware components for autonomous systems control
2. Define and achieve technical safety measures for different types of controllers
3. Work closely with experts from machine learning, machine vision and other areas to improve system performance.
1. Strong fundamentals in robot kinematics and rapid design, integration and prototyping of robotic platforms
2. Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
3. Experience in at least two of the following: distributed systems, robotics, computer vision, sensor fusion, localization, kinematic simulation, industrial controllers, and/or real-time systems
4. Proficient with Linux, coding in C++/Python
5. Software engineering experience (C++/Python; git; CI/CD)
6. Excellent analytical, communication, and written skills
Use your skills to move the world forward
1. Ph.D./Masters in Computer Science/Robotics/Mechatronics
2. 5+ Years of relevant industry experience
3. Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning, control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous systems
4. Team player - experience developing software as part of a team
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
• World-class researchers and engineers as team members
• We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers