For nearly 170 years, ground-breaking technologies, and business models built upon these technologies, have been the cornerstone of our success – innovations that, by their very nature, do not simply offer new ideas but actually set new market standards for products, solutions, and services.
Innovations are what allowed our company to expand from a start-up in a Berlin courtyard to a leading-edge global enterprise, and innovations are the ingredients of a successful future – for our company, for our customers, and for society.
Corporate Technology (CT), as Siemens’ central research and development arm, has a critical role to play here. Under the leadership of the Chief Technology Officer and in partnership with the operating units, CT develops Siemens’ technology and innovation strategy, creates and industrializes basic technologies, promotes business excellence through consulting and engineering services, and protects the company’s intellectual property. Corporate Technology is both a creative driver of disruptive innovations and a partner to the Siemens businesses, offering them high quality research, development, and consulting services.
The Autonomous Systems and Control team in India works on building reliable anthropomorphic control for autonomous systems. We are looking for talented, highly motivated researchers to develop autonomous system capabilities for Siemens’ next generation products.
How is your Role. What Part you will play.
1. You will build full stack software for autonomous system control
2. Apply cutting-edge techniques from deep learning, machine vision and sensor fusion to solve complex control challenges
We don’t need super heroes, just super minds.
1. At least Ph.D./Masters in Computer Science/Robotics .
2. You must have experience in at least two of the following: robotics, computer vision, sensor fusion, localization, kinematic simulation, industrial controllers, and/or real-time systems
3. Proficient with Linux and writing testable code in C++/Python
4. Strong in data structures and algorithms
5. Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
6. Software tools (git; CI/CD)
7. Excellent analytical, communication, and written skills
1. Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning, control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous systems
2. Working knowledge and practical experience with either
a. planning algorithms (e.g. A*, RRT, etc.)
b. control systems analysis and design with PID or MPCs
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
• World-class researchers and engineers as team members
• We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers