Fire Service Engineer
Siemens Building Technologies are recruiting a Fire Systems Service Engineer. Ideally located in and around Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and the Midlands; travel to other operating regions may be required.
Change the future with us.
Pivotal to your role as a Service Engineer will be to work closely with other service engineers on-site or remotely, to ensure staff can efficiently and effectively address client and company needs, whilst stimulating their own development and motivation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership and being the main point of contact for the key customers within the area
- Assisting with project to service handover ensuring documentation is in place and a site inspection is carried out prior to service contract agreement
- Identify and support upselling and cross selling opportunities
- Monitor contract performance ensuring all work is complete within allocated hours
- Responsible for reacting to fault calls and maintaining a log for the area
- Responsible for client enquiries and assisting with small works managers to quote and deliver works
- Responsible for ensuring all problems during small works delivery are solved effectively keeping high levels of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for generating risk and method statements, ensuring all works are being carried out in accordance with Siemens H&S guidelines
- Actively manage approved Siemens Sub Contractors and Siemens engineers. Carrying out health, safety and quality audits on these personnel to ensure works are being completed in line with Siemens set standards
- Service and maintain Fire Alarm and PAVA systems in line with BS5839 standards, identify any defects, non-conformities and produce site documentation
- Be part of an out of hours call out Rota to deal with fault calls
- Perform technical surveys and assist with branch sales
- Assist with Branch projects, small works and commissioning
- Carry out Live time booking, daily and/or job specific POW and assist with amending RAMs when necessary
- Follow all Siemens H&S policies & procedures
- Be subject to vehicle, equipment and process audits
- Responsible for carrying out personnel PPE, safety equipment and general pre-use checks to ensure they are in line with the company H&S policies and procedures
- Complete all paperwork and vehicle maintenance in normal working hours unless preauthorized by your line manager
- Respond to all branch communication within the required deadlines
- Check communications via Email and phone on a daily basis
- Assist other engineers and back office staff in a proactive and positive manner
- Attend branch meetings and training courses when required
- Submission of timesheets, expenses and mileage in line with Siemens timeframes
- Assist with any other reasonable activities required by your manager
As the Fire Service Engineer you will bring with you proven industry experience in the servicing and maintenance fire alarm systems. You will be a technical Engineer with a proven record in fault finding.
- Strong organizational skills; able to priorities workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Be self-motivated with good analytical skills. Possessing a good level of commercial awareness and customer focus.
- A key part of the role will be the engagement with our customers and therefore we require experience of working directly with customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate others will be part of the role.
- Working with a wide range of customers and sub-contractors whilst maintaining and protecting Siemens brand, includes working as part of a diverse workforce, both professionally and socially.
- A good knowledge of Fire Detection standards in line with BS5839.
- Strong IT skills is a requirement.
Travel & Location
There will be daily travel involved in this role to customer sites therefore you will need to have a full driving license and be prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve some overnight stays (this could be up to 2 nights per week on occasion).
The location where you will ideally be based is Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, the Midlands and surrounding areas.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 104736
Organization: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time