Maintenance Systems Project Manager
Siemens Rolling Stock are searching for a Maintenance Systems Project Manager to join their team in London. You will lead the definition and implementation of the technical IT systems work to enable the UK on-shore aspects of delivery of the Siemens Deep Tube Upgrade Programme (DTUP).
The DTUP is a £1.4bn contract to supply, commission and provide lifetime technical services for 94 new trains to operate the London Underground Piccadilly line with additional options for three further lines. This flagship programme will extend Siemens’ reputation for delivery of the most reliable fleets of UK commuter and high-speed trains into the metro market.
You will be an experienced IT project specialist with proven ability to specify, procure and deploy complete IT solutions. You’ll operate within the context of Siemens standard IT infrastructure and will specifically be responsible for the specialist applications for development of a fleet technical library and fleet maintenance management system.
The nature of the role includes a requirement for moderate travel - the Siemens DTUP programme team is located at multiple locations in UK and in Germany and Austria. So we would envisage you’d need to travel approximately 30% of the time to those other locations.
This role will work alongside other IT specialists in Mobility Rolling Stock, but will be dedicated to the DTUP programme and work within the Operations and Maintenance team.
What are my responbibilities?
Formulate the UK specialist systems strategy for the DTUP programme
- Formulate the requirements and delivery approach for the systems to create the fleet maintenance documentation and build a configuration controlled system for the fleet Technical Library. This will be based on the Siemens Teamcenter solution.
- Work with HQ teams to deliver the maintenance management system needed to commission the fleet of trains and hand-over the as-built data to the customer’s maintenance system on train acceptance. This will be based on an IBM Maximo solution.
- Scope and plan the work for the UK to meet the local UK commitments for Cyber Security for the DTUP team, and determine an approach to delivery of those.
- Work with the key specialist IT supply teams in Siemens to plan and deliver the agreed approach for each of the above requirements.
Plan and deliver the specialist systems
- Based on the agreed systems strategy, plan and implement the systems to support the DTUP Siemens UK team.
- Ensure that the necessary technical resources, people, services and systems are procured to deliver the required maintenance management system, Technical Library and related solutions.
- Ensure that appropriate requirements, specification, development, testing and deployment processes are followed for each solution.
- Ensure that each of the specialist system applications has an underlying service delivery model by the core maintainer that enables the IT service team to provide a robust on-going service.
- Ensure that there is an upgrade plan for each application to keep it up-to-date with appropriate software and hard developments.
- Take the lead Product and Solution Security Engineer (PSSE) role for DTUP in the UK.
- Develop the necessary expertise and capacity within the team.
- Ensure that stakeholder engagement with our customers and regulators is planned and delivered.
· Collaboration with the Deep Tube customer and other business partners as necessary regarding interfaces with their systems. This involves working with the customer to achieve agreement to Siemens planned system architectures where those must interface with the customer’s systems.
- It is anticipated that the role will be responsible for managing the work of a small team of internal and external people. It also requires significant ‘matrix’ management skills for influencing and collaborating with colleagues.
Health, Safety & Environment
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens this person must:
- Adhere to Siemens’ safety systems and controls in line with Rolling Stock HSQE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- Batchelor’s degree level qualification in computer science, engineering or business information systems or similar discipline.
- An appropriate Project Management qualification, minimum APM foundation level or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple user requirements on complex systems.
- Good stakeholder and user management skills.
- Good knowledge of IT systems.
- Good communicator, both written and oral.
· Experience in a rolling stock delivery and maintenance environment.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for all applications is 26th March.
Job ID: 104737
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time