This role has the dual responsibility as Head of the RSS business in Area China (CN), as well as Head of the RSS Zone China, comprising Area China, Area Hong Kong (including Macao) and Area Taiwan.
The function has the full P&L responsibility for Area & Zone for all business activities within the Business Unit RSS Middle East & Asia . The Head has the responsibility to define and implement, strategic and business goals of RSS together with the Area/Zone Head of Finance (RSS-MA CN FIN), within the allocated Zone/Areas/Branches. He/She empowers and leads the organisation to achieve sustainable best financial results, ensure proper target setting, transparency in performance measurement and clear processes with a streamlined organisational structure and regional footprint.
The Head is further responsible for customer & employee satisfaction, as well as market share improvement in all strategic business lines. The goal is to have a highly effective Zone/Area ("Solutions & Service Factory") and drive the Zone/Area to a double-digit EBIT.
What are my responsibilities ?
- China Zone Management. Profit and Loss responsibility for the RSS in the Area/Zone. Develops and drives Area/Zone strategy implementation with focus on sales and operational aspects, sets demanding business goals, operationally manages the Areas/Branches in all aspects (processes, key projects, key personnel)
- Leadership: Leads, directs and develops direct reports in all Areas/Branches, as well as central functions of the Zone based on Siemens Management tools (staff dialogue, SMR, Competence management, etc.) to enable outstanding performance and assist in their development across the boundaries of one's organisation. Ensures skills and personal development of all employees in the Zone.
- Planning / Forecasting: Instruct, guide and supervise the processes of RSS towards the Areas/Branches in coordination with the RSS-MA Management (strategy implementation, business plans, target development and setting, budget, forecasts) and with established supporting tools. Organize, support and maintain the progress monitoring of strategic programs or operational action plans. Manages the target setting process for the Area/Branch and support the BTA process.
- Sales, PEx and Service Support: Ad-hoc support in respect of business aspects. Support of technical staff in commercial / technical issues. Direct Involvement in negotiations towards customers or towards suppliers / subcontractors / consortium members (on demand). Manage and guide the local LOA process for the Zone.
- Drive Business through regular performance dialogues with RSS-MA Management, and directly with the assigned Areas/Branches in order to drive the business with comprehensive knowledge, judgement and controlling of the business portfolio in the Zone
- Acquisitions / Special Projects: Provides front end support and commercial advice in order to establish a sound financial assessment of potential acquisitions or divestments as well as overarching RSS-MA programs. Leads and/or participates in special BT projects in or across Zones/Areas/Branches.
How do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Professional: >20 years’ experience
in a similar industry, handling solutions and services business, at least 5 to
8 years with P&L responsibility for a Euro 50 to 100 million business
- Project/Process: >10 years’ marketing and
sales management experience in solutions & services business, preferably in
building technologies; if not must bring industry experience and in depth
know-how of similar business
- Leadership: should have lead a team of 100+ managers,
engineers & technicians
- Intercultural: should be fluent in
written/spoken English, written/spoken knowledge of Mandarin would be a
definite advantage; > 5 years international experience will be an added
Job ID: 104808
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time