Principal Catalyst in China
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Next47 is a global venture firm created by Siemens AG that invests in, and partners with, entrepreneurs who think big and build industry-defining companies. With offices in Boston, London, Munich, Palo Alto, Bangalore, Tel Aviv, Paris and Stockholm Next47 gives start-ups unparalleled access to one of the world’s largest portfolios of customers in the areas of industry, energy and infrastructure as well as domain expertise in the deep technologies that impact those customers.
We work in three dedicated teams:
CAPITAL: we provide smart, patient, value-add capital to emerging category-creating and category-leading companies.
CATALYST: we connect innovations from the market into Siemens's world of customers, domain expertise, technologies and business units.
CREATE: we selectively accelerate and build new business ideas. We place the best ideas from within Siemens into the ecosystem, and in the future we will also selectively build, buy, partner and spin-in new business ideas.
Your new role
- Set up Next47 Operations in China
- Drive Catalyst projects to help the Next47 startups grow
- Develop a strong and sustainable network across the global Siemens organization and with Siemens customers
- Work together closely with the Siemens Key Account Managers
- Identify additional sales channel opportunities and build channel partnerships
- Collaborate intensively with the global Next47 team and support the Next47 Capital team in realizing investment opportunities
- Generate significant revenue growth for our investments
- Share best practices within the next47 teams
- Initiate technology transfer from start-ups into the Siemens network including partners and customers
- Generate success stories based on the growth of our startups and represent our innovation story externally
Your qualification and experience
- Master Degree in Engineering preferred or Bachelor Degree in Economics with MBA i.e. in Strategic Management and proven strong technical background in addition to related degrees
- Work experience in Business development or Sales functions of more than 10 years
- Ability to work in complex, global organizational setups, whilst understanding the specific needs of a startup
- Affinity to technological trends and motivation to shape something new
- Experience in working directly with customers
- Ability to work in a proactive and self-determined way
- Excellent communication skills and team orientation
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to engage and inspire people
- Strong strategic thinking and proven strategy development and implementation capabilities
- Ability to work in and with multiple cultures due to the international character of the function
Job ID: 104809
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time