• Procurement activities at individual BU to ensure procurement of items of right quality, quantity at competitive price levels aligned to long term plans within the framework of company guidelines.
• Supporting commodities: moldings plastics/rubber, machining, ferrous & non ferrous castings, sheet metal & fabricated assemblies, C-part Management
• Understanding of manufacturing processes to enable evaluate supplier cost sheets with open book policy
• Handle supplier negotiations & makes frame contract with suppliers.
• Evaluates market conditions spend data, supplier performance, develop strategies in order to control costs and achieve cost reduction.
• Develops and implements a series of local sourcing and commodity strategies to achieve lowest total landed costs.
• Identifies alternate local sources for mechanical commodities & supports / expedites “Localization project”
• Continuous quality improvement, delivery, and cycle time performance improvement that supports smoothening the supply chain
• Develop, manage and lead the commercial relationship with long term suppliers.
• Drive Cross Functional Team Meeting towards Supplier Monitoring/Development activities
Desired Qualification & Experience
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience within Strategic Procurement (Handling Negotiations) . Should have Mechanical Engineering background .
• Co-ordination between Suppliers and internal customers
• Drive continuously Cost Reduction Measures
• Well versed with Advanced Negotiation Skills, New Supplier Development
• SAP knowledge is preferred