Piping & Layout Engineer
Piping and Layout Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
This position is responsible for maintenance and development of Piping & Layout concepts including Detail Design using tools like NX, PLM2020, SAP, Team Centre etc.
This role will be a member of the R&D team and will own Piping and Plant Layout for Gas turbine (GT) frames. This position is located in Gurgaon (IND) and is responsible to develop and continuously improve for the Siemens Gas Turbine packages. Majority of the tasks will be in R&D but also supporting execution of customer projects and site support.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- • 3d Modeling of base frames of equipment & skids in NX.
- • Planning & Modeling of equipment, Piping & supports in 3d tools like NX and extracting drawings including assembly drawings for layout & fabrication at site & works.
- • Preparation of material take off lists, Design & Fabrication specifications for piping, Steel and components.
- • Work independently and take own initiatives, Capability to come up with own solutions to problems, Do own research and find information
- • Be able to work on several parallel tasks
- • Work in global project teams
- • Request and challenge requirements from your interfaces
- • Release and maintain reference documentation in related databases
- • Drive design to cost measures
- • Outsourcing of design and drafting tasks to external engineering services
- • Provide Field/site support
- • Create assembly instructions
- • Create customer facing manuals and documentation
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- • Diploma/Bachelors in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or other comparable degree
- • 3 to 7 years of engineering work experience
- • 2 years in the related work
- • Ability to travel globally
- • Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- • High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- • Solid entrepreneurial thinking
- • Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
- • Design development experience in projects that have multiple interfaces and with a cost focus
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- • Expertise in Modeling tools like NX, Open Plant, PLM2020, SAP or equivalent
- • Expertise in tools like PLM2020, SAP, team Centre or equivalent
- • Solid experience with working in a global team
- • Experience of working on Gas Turbines
- • Knowledge of Steel & Welding requirements
- • Knowledge of Codes for Piping & Steel
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 105015
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time