Turbine Commissioning Engineer
- Perform complex, specialised tasks on the control systems for the rotating equipment during commissioning, maintenance or troubleshooting of Siemens Industrial Gas & Steam Turbines or Compressor
- Perform outage services, preventative maintenance and control system upgrades
- Plan, test and implement DCS/PLC/HMI software and hardware modifications
- Perform troubleshooting activities on site or via remote services to diagnose problems, determine appropriate resolution and implement corrective actions
- Resolve technical issues, foster knowledge sharing and help others
- Provide external and internal reports in a timely, accurate, and professional manner
- Identify and report all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the organization
- Build a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive & professional approach
- You must be able to communicate effectively and be able to build strong relationships at all levels internally and within customer organisations.
- You shall have the flexibility to work overtime based on workload and work both independently and within a team environment with the ability to lead the team
- Proactively promote innovation, improvements, risk identification and safety management
- Work under the company quality management system and take responsibility for HS&E
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or other similar technical area)
- Minimum of 5 years of field service experience in servicing or commissioning the control systems for Industrial Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Compressors applications
- Strong rotating equipment knowledge, with hands-on knowledge of mechanical systems
- Practical knowledge of Siemens controls system for power plant automation (SPPA-T3000, PCS7, S7/WinCC) and other automation products such as Allen Bradley, Woodward, etc.
- In-depth practical knowledge of turbine controls, vibration systems and over speed protection systems
- Excellent technical writing skills with focus on design document, inspection and test plans and commissioning reports.
- Strong customer orientation and ability to deliver consistently a high level of performance
- Basic commercial knowledge to understand contract deliverables and identify items or work that falls outside these boundaries so additional funding from the customer can be pursued.
- Willingness to travel to customer site with little to no advance notice and travel frequently within Australia
Job ID: 105156
Organization: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time