The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for talent to work on these challenges.
What are my job responsibilities?
Signaling engineer is responsible in managing the contractors on the installation, testing and commission of signaling equipment and reports to Site Manager. Responsibility and requirement as follow:
- Perform and execute supervision of installation contractor for site activities, inspection and rectification work according to accepted documents and installation procedures.
- Carry out quality checks on signaling equipment installed and record any deviation found on site
- Plan and perform site related testing activities according to approve test plan and procedures, establish reports of all test conducted and follow up on all non-conformance activities
- Provide weekly progress reports and report to Site Manager
- Attend coordination meeting, liaise with Client and 3rd party contractors on all site related activities
- Participate in preparation of Method Statement for installation and testing activities
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Diploma/Higher NITEC in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical
- Hand-on experience on tools (general tools, screwdriver, spanner, crimping tools etc)
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Fast learner and keen to learn
- Able to work independently and also a good team player who can work well in multi-cultural environment
- Willing to work at night/engineering hours and weekends if require. (Hours during railway shut down for maintenance work)
- Experience in railway signaling will be an added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 105401
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time