Senior Design Engineer - Protection
We are recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Protection to join our Secondary Engineering team based in Monkton supporting our Transmission & Distribution Substations business within Siemens. The role involves providing technical input into the production of secondary engineering drawings / documents, across multiple projects, also approving against design specifications, programme and budget ensuring compliance with quality, health, safety and environmental requirements. We are looking for someone who is punctual and reliable with excellent attention to detail.
What are my responsibilities?
- Production / Approval of Circuit Diagrams / Scheme Solutions
- Outline development / Approval of Panel General Arrangements
- Input into Engineering Technical Specifications for Substation Primary equipment and production / approval of secondary equipment hardware lists
- Production / Approval of Relay Configuration & Setting Files
- Production / Checking of Setting Reports / Calculations for Unit Protections
- Production / Approval of LVAC / DC system designs to include, loading calculations, cable sizing and grading studies
- Co-ordinate with other departments in development of scheme solutions
- Attend site meetings to discuss and advise construction staff on site related issues
- Attend technical meetings with client, suppliers and other disciplines to ensure project is delivered to agreed expectations
- Provide technical support / documentation to tendering department as and when required
- Management of delivery of all tasks to agreed programme, quality and budget, also managing and supporting other members of the allocated design team as appropriate.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission & Distribution standards / technologies applicable to Protection Engineering
· Fully conversant with Health & Safety standards (including CDM Regulations)
· Able to prioritize workload of themselves and other team members to ensure all deadlines are met
· Flexible approach to design solutions
· Self motivated, able to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
· Able to manage and motivate other team members in delivery of quality designs to programme / budget.
· Good Attention to detail
· Able to work within a team environment
· Good written and verbal communication skills and proactive problem solver
· Ability to ensure tasks are completed on time
· Good customer focus, management and presentation skills
· Experience in managing small design teams
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 105411
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time