Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant for our Rail Electrification Business. Based out of York, the Project Accountant will be responsible for the financial management of a suite of nationwide projects within the project delivery organisation
What are my Responsibilities?
- Project Mobilization
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget, WBS and baseline Project Cost Report (PCR) and full set up in the SAP system.
- Project Forecasting and Reporting
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support Quantity Surveyors (QS) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both Quantity Surveyors and PM before finalising.
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary eg Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, understood and approved, where necessary.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
- Month End
- Review and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- NCC reporting
- ICFR Control Submissions to deadlines
- Accounts Receivable
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Other Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the project and WBS within the SAP Project Ledger.
- Ensure any foreign exchange risk is managed in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensuring robust systems are in place for managing project site costs, local cash books or banking facilities.
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy.
- Aim to continuously improve financial processes and systems.
- Support ad hoc studies and projects where required.
- IMAPP Submissions
- Support Cost Centre Management
What Qualifications and Experience do I need for the role?
- Part qualified accountant with recent relevant project accountancy work experience
- A high-level understanding or core contract terms and conditions which have a financial aspect
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both finance staff and other project functions.
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Advanced Excel skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 105415
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time