Siemens small gas turbine manufacturing company, Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd, has existed on its present site in Lincoln for over 50 years. Lincoln is the base for the design and manufacture of world class gas turbines for applications within the Oil and Gas Industry and Industrial Power Generation (cogeneration).
As a Global Logistics Graduate you will be involved in the designing of logistics processes and logistics solutions to optimise inventories, reduce costs and speed up deliveries to satisfy our customers’ demands.
- You will be involved and assisting topics related to parts and engines availability, warehousing and the pool engine management including delivery cycle time.
- You will require a knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Power Point and Excel and SAP, however if you never worked with this before we will develop you in those tools.
- We also look for someone with both good data analytical and communication skills.
- Any previous experience in logistics or manufacturing, as well lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies, would be an advantage.
Gas Turbine knowledge is not essential, as training courses will be provided, but an interest in the product would be an advantage.
- You’ll be working towards a Bachelor Degree in Business or Master Degree in Supply Chain or Business Related Topic
- You’ll have experience in using Microsoft Office applications
- Show that you have an eye for detail
- Are flexible, know how to connect with others and pride yourself on bringing positive, bright ideas to the team
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel confident taking responsibility for tasks and projects you’ve been assigned
We will be looking for evidence of activities carried out during university and during vacations.
Whilst the role is based in Lincoln, our undergraduate roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 105475
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time