Job title: Legal Intern
Duration of role: 12 month fixed term contract
Start date: ASAP
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
Siemens the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. With efficient and innovative solutions, Siemens enables investments in sustainable technology and infrastructure and has a track record in providing innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens Energy Management supplies products, systems, solutions and services for the economic, reliable and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed graduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
We are recruiting for a full-time legal intern to join the Energy Management Legal team to be based in South Manchester.
The GB&I Legal team comprises approximately 70 people and is based mainly in Frimley, Surrey, but also has teams in Manchester, London, Stoke Poges, Poole, Lincoln, Nottingham, Warwick and Newcastle.
This is an opportunity to obtain valuable legal experience in a corporate environment and as the position is a new one there is ample opportunity to help develop the role.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Legal Research
- Drafting & issuing standard legal documentation e.g. Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Supporting the legal team comprising lawyers and contract managers
- Proof-reading and cross-checking documentations
- Contract implementation queries
- Assisting in training business colleagues on legal and contractual principles.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Completed a Law Degree OR a non-Law Degree and successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Good computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft office applications
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Analytical with a keen eye for detail
- An excellent team player
What else do I need to know?
This role will be a paid internship.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 105590
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time