Segment Manager - Railway Electrification
Siemens Mobility, one of the major players in Europe in the Rail Business with experience in Rolling Stock, Signaling, Customer Service and Turnkey project and Electrification is looking for a Segment Manager – Electrification , to be hired with a permanent contract in Milan.
The candidate will be responsible for the Business Unit of Turnkey Project and Electrification dealing with Mobility Turnkey solutions for the Verticals Rail and Road&City: electrification solutions, systems, products and services for the domain of Rail Infrastructure as well as the one of Road Infrastructure (ie the markets of mass transit, main line, freight, truck trolleys and eHighway).
What will you manage?
· Full P&L responsibility
· Plan and manage the Turnkey Project and Electrification business as an entrepreneur, incorporating Siemens’ policies and procedures
· Identify target customers and main Sales channels
· Provide systematic sales approach based on market transparency and customer potential
· Support the LoA [Limit of Authority] – decision making process, and make tough go/no go and bid/no bid decisions
· Provide feedback to the Siemens Mobility management on market trends, competitive threats, unmeant needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending the Company offerings
· Actively put in place strategies to achieve the agreed targets (ie marketing strategies to increase product sales or reexamination and modification of non-fruitful actual strategies)
· Build executive relationships, represent Siemens Mobility and achieve customer success as a business partner
· Maintain and develop valuable relationships with executives and key decision makers, especially in Public context
· Budgeting, reporting and source allocation
· Manage, motivate and foster a team of Sales & Bid, Project Managers, Engineers, Administrative
· Actively monitor Projects’ goals and development according to project plans and KPIs
· Promote Operations Excellence as well as Zero Harm Culture
· Actively participate in trade shows, exhibitions and associations
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
· At least 3/5 years experience as General Management with strong experience in B2B;
· Background of railway market and/or very good knowledge of Siemens Mobility portfolio will be preferred;
· Bachelor's Degree or Specialization in Technical or Economical field;
· Strong problem-solving capability, target orientation and stakeholder’s management
· Good ability to puzzle complexity using all available leverages (including networking)
· Knowledge and experience in setting up and driving medium/big projects (mostly with different business partners and temporary business association)
· Experience in managing a team;
· Strategic view and strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills;
· Leadership skills, presentation and motivation ability;
· High self motivation, structure and multi tasking approach, creativity
· Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
· Availability to travel for business trip
What can we further offer?
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated;
· A well-established international Company background
· Opportunity for personal and professional growth within a Company that has offices all around the world
· A system of in-Company training and education
· Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
· Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
· Car, Smartphone and Personal Computer
· Travelling allowance
What else do you have to know?
Siemens Mobility pays a lot attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving an online application in response to this job offer. Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered. Please upload your CV in English. An accompanying letter would be appreciated.
For further information or questions, you can contact:
Human Resources, Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4 Milan
Job ID: 105632
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time