The Travel & Expense Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day Travel & Expense processing activities and management of 12-15 associates for Americas Region. The role will provide an oversight of the expense reimbursement operations including service delivery, operational effectiveness, business process review, continuous improvement activities and staff coaching and development. This position will be responsible for delivering efficiencies, creating value, and delivering customer service for Americas T&E end-users; overseeing user support and compliance audit team to meet service level agreements and accurate work completion; preparing complex analyzes and business cases, implementing approved initiatives, ensuring integrity of systems and data that impact day-to-day operations, acting as the primary point of contact for escalations, and additional leadership support as by senior management. The Travel & Expense Service Manager will foster a team environment and a strong service culture that ensures delivery of timely, quality services to internal customers and meets service level agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a team of non-exempt employees responsible for operational work activities for Americas region such as expense administration (e.g. expense reporting and reimbursement), payment exception resolution, credit balance refunds, employee vendor master maintenance, and auditing. Develops and manages staff to assure high productivity, job satisfaction and personal development.
- Work closely with direct reports to both train and mentor their development. This includes both maintaining and monitoring KPI’s to ensure associates are performing to expectations.
- Support external and internal audit activities related to travel and corporate card processes, including coordination with Internal / External Audit.
- Interact with Shared Services leadership and functional leadership to resolve issues of a highly confidential or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrates foresight to anticipate problems and delivers solutions; determine an appropriate course of action for resolving issues based on data.
- Reducing financial risk through personal use and fraud detection.
- Driving business improvements related to travel and expense systems.
- Identify, participate in and project manage productivity improvement projects to enhance processes and provide cost savings.
- Assist with all migration projects including carve-ins, carve-outs and ERP transitions.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills, quality and change orientation with initiative and a strong drive for continuous process improvement and eagerness to develop.
- Support onshore T&E Management team as needed and perform various other duties and special projects in support of the department as required.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of departmental tools utilized by local and remote users.
- Act as a resource to the team to assist with complex transactions, escalated issues, and customer requests.
- Supports the development of programs and projects to fulfill departmental requirements including, but not limited to, such items as alternate approaches, financial justification, best practices, state-of-the-art equipment selection, program plans, vendor contract negotiations, project management, etc.
- Participate in monitoring team performance regards to productivity, quality case audits, financial and physical resources, and performance statistics to ensure adequacy of department efforts and develop corrective actions as required.
- Participate in implementing service level agreements (productivity standards) and monitoring to ensure Shared Services objectives and service targets are met and support the needs of the business.
- Daily contact for support related to complex research and evaluation of issues and problem resolution. Performs root cause and solution analysis and carry out implementation of process improvements.
- Support the development and maintenance of procedures/processes to ensure adherence to security policies, domestic and international standards, government regulations, and legal requirements.
- Strong English/Spanish communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA or equivalent.
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key stakeholders.
- Experience leading/implementing process improvements.
- Knowledge of SAP and other ERP systems preferred.
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
- Previous management experience required.
- Be a problem-solver, not just reactionary, but a proactive force in effectively identifying problems, suggesting and implementing solutions and process improvements.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Typically 5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Experience in continuous improvement, including technology upgrades and implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrated capacity for leading change management effort.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality support.
- Ability to apply documented rules, past practices, or instruction on an independent level.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems as they occur, taking appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is difficult or complex.
- Provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
- Excellent people skills and sensitivity to intercultural issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% travel required in this role.
Job ID: 105652
Organization: Human Resources
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time