We are seeking an Expeditor to join our procurement team in Kongsberg, Norway. In this role you will work in a schedule driven environment where timing is a critical function. As a member of the procurement department you will work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment and report into the Procurement Lead. This is a full-time position with our company.
Your primary duties will include responsibility for the performance and completion of assigned expediting or other procurement activities for projects you are assigned to provide support. You will coordinate with Procurement staff on inquiry preparation for the procurement of strategical equipment and materials, you will actively perform field expediting to vendors to ensure timely delivery .
• Coordinate vendor meetings to review vendor progress including engineering/drawing status and issues, critical document status, suborders and critical suborder status, material availability, purchase order delivery date, production fabrication status and issues, delivery status and issues, final inspection and preparation for delivery
• Analyze production schedules and progress reports closely to ensure schedules/timelines are being met. This includes the mitigation of any issues/problems with corrective action
• Analyze expediting reports; identify gaps and take corrective action
• Coordinate inspection and logistic activities
• Track shipments and resolved overage, short and damaged material in a timely manner
• Coordinate and perform purchase order close outs, including supplier performance evaluation
• Participate in pre-award discussions with Buyer and kick-off meetings to review purchase order terms, drawing requirements and delivery dates
• Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues and addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to self all employees, clients, contractors with zero environmental incidents
• Consistently achieves job goals set by self and others, meets timelines, pushes to achieve stretch goals, and demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and interacts effectively with all levels of employees to achieve company and project goals
• Committed to building enduring relationships and delivering optimal customer solutions
• Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to remain on point when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment
• High school diploma or general education degree, and at least 5 years industrial experience from expediting and/or QS,QC jobs
• Certified welder or inspection background is an advantage
• General knowledge of industrial equipment, and materials; methods used for expediting; and/or contractor requirements for providing technical services.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Expediting experience working in an industrial environment such as oil and gas, construction, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM).
Manager is Svein Ole Grøterud +47 93241467
Job ID: 105888
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time