Software Development Engineer
• Working within the R&D team to develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
• Developing and maintaining Web-based and/or Desktop applications and components under the guidance of the product owner/expert(s),
• Participating in analysis of tasks required for development and providing accurate effort estimation,
• Supporting tests for the QA team to assess performance, correctness and usability of the software,
• Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles in order to support working as One Global Team.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering(or similar fields),
• Proven software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
• General Knowledge of Design Patterns, best practices and their usages,
• Previous experience on one or more of the following:
• Experience on desktop application and/or simulation software development (especially on C/C++, C#, Java),
• Experience with Web Application development (Java, Angular4+, Spring Boot2+, Spring Framework),
• Experience with Web Services (REST or SOAP),
• Experience with file based and/or relational database,
• Experience with Configuration Management Systems (GIT, ClearCase, etc.),
• Knowledge in software life cycle and agile methodologies,
• Knowledge in continuous integration concepts (Jenkins, Maven, yaml, yarn, etc.),
• Experience with GIS systems (Openlayers, GeoServer) is a plus,
• Know-how on Water Distribution and Transmission networks is a plus,
• Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
• No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily,
• Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Job ID: 105914
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time