Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go, we make sure it makes its way.
How do you shape the future through Energy Management? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Energy Management. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Energy Management. We are hiring for a System Administrator. In this role, you will usually be in charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects.
We make real what matters
- You will be involved in Installation and configuration of environment operating systems, common open source and internal applications
- You will be providing Tier 2 support for development, production, and escalation
- You will be supporting production releases and patch management as well as migrations on weekend
- You will be to take care on Setup/maintain user/group privileges in environments, also you will have to learn, maintain, and automate processes for existing applications
- You will be effectively collaborating and communicating with development and infrastructure teams
What you need to make real what matters
- 4+ years of experience in RHEL, Windows server operating system environments
- Experience with Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (Tomcat, Jboss)
- Understanding of networking technologies (sub-netting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure etc.). Working knowledge of AWS including provisioning and configuration of common services such as EC2, VPC, Route53, S3
- Working knowledge of commercial virtualization and containerization platforms such as Vmware, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
- Read/write basic shell scripts
- Usage of common tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, netstat, etc to troubleshoot network problems
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment successfully balancing tasks from multiple parties
Job ID: 106329
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time