Materials Solutions a Siemens Business is a growing materials technology business, which is an acknowledged world leader in the industrial application of laser additive layer manufacturing of metals. Due to the continued growth and success of the business Materials Solutions has the requirement to recruit a Production Engineer to support its increasing order entry. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious self-starting individual to work with blue-chip international clients from the power generation, aerospace and motor sport sectors, who wish to utilise this cutting edge manufacturing technology.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures in compliance with the business selected MRP system, leading production productivity improvements, including new product introduction and manufacturing process design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs.
General and Task Management
- Drive the implementation of standardised business processes in the business MRP system and associated applications for production operations.
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost effective integration of new approved products or for the improvement of existing ones into production operation
- Ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Support the production Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications demanded.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Generating production documentation such as BOM / assembly instructions.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions for production parts.
- To ensure all activities undertaken comply with all relevant business and statutory Health and Safety requirements and to act on and report deficiencies there-in.
No direct line management responsibility, however the role will require the need to:
- Lead and/or support technicians and trainee engineers
- Train people within own work group
- Supervise sub-contractors
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience of implementation and use of ERP/MRP business systems / applications
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Understanding/experience of finite capacity planning.
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information.
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach.
- Understand lean manufacturing.
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices.
- Exercise latitude and technical judgement in deciding work methods.
- Ability to train the work group and lead teams within the work group.
- Awareness of the impact of quality escapes.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering qualification preferred.
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of use CAD/CAM software.
- Ability to design processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement or similar.
- Experience in a production volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- IOSH Managing Safely (Or Equivalent)
Job ID: 106480
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time