Account Manager (Grow Africa)
Internal Grip Title – Portfolio Sales Professional
Flender, a Siemens Company, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has the reputation for highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 120 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water and wastewater, marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high quality and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades.
- Plans sales volumes and potential of target customers
- Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning
- Analyses and evaluates markets (both technology and product portfolio) and needs of potential or existing customers
- Investigates and evaluates specific business opportunities for the customer related product and service portfolio within your allocated African countries
- Prepares customer contacts, builds and maintains a customer focused network
- Identify and develop suitable Flender Partners / Distributors within your designated regions
- Prepares and negotiates projects and proposals in cooperation with other involved professionals and management
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs for the customer
- May act as point of contact in commercial matters
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting
- Contributes to the development of an After Sales Service that is focused on customers' needs
- Sales of Flender Mechanical Drive products (industrial gearboxes, spares) to OEM or End customers with defined budget
- Management of customer base, both existing and potential customers, across all business disciplines
- Growth of customer base and market volumes
- Sales and growth against defined budget and customer base whilst achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
Developed Customer Base (C,F)
- CDP figures are captured annually and monitored quarterly
- Customer base developed in line with target setting agreements
- Relationship building and networking meets departmental and customer requirements (exhibitions, customer support etc)
Customer Support (C, P, E)
- Management of client queries as per departmental SOP and SLA
- Resolution of queries meets client expectations, within business parameters
- Customer enquiries are handing over to internal sales for preparation of quotation within SLA
Reporting (P, C, F)
- Flender CRM system is updated/managed with customer information, projects and market opportunities as per departmental requirements
- Ongoing report back of activities of local competitors.
- Report deadlines are met
- Reports are complete and accurate
Administration (C, E, P)
- Completes relevant documentation (budgets, forecasts, quotation reports, visit reports, handovers) as per departmental requirements
- Ongoing follow up on orders and receivables.
- Preparation of order handover documentation according to customer requirements and submission to Project Department within SLA
- All relevant documents can be sourced easily - electronically or manually
- Adherence to company processes (LOA, Signatures etc)
- What do I need to qualify for this position?
- Product Knowledge of industrial gear units, couplings, services including their application.
- Communicates changes in product and services. Offers accurate product information to the customers and consumers, increases awareness of product range and encourages purchase of product. Demonstrates the value and potential impact of the product/ service to the client’s business
- Ensures information flows where needed and presents information in an accomplished manner. Keeps relevant people informed of both positive and potentially negative information.
- Produces more complex business documents, selecting language according to target recipients
- Enables the understanding of familiar and / or complex material
- Sales Process Understanding
- Demonstrates understanding of “value-added” to the client
- Establishes appropriate business relationships with client decision makers
- Uses consultative selling techniques to maintain client relationships
- Negotiation Skills
- Establishes agreement to common outcomes in negotiations with and between groups.
- Gains acceptance for concepts and directions with all stakeholders
- Flender policies, procedures and processes
- Understands Flender policies and processes in order to provide a specific service to the business
- Is flexible to meet clients needs to retain the business within business constraints (don’t over promise and under deliver)
- Co-ordinates his/her functional work with the current marketing plans and efforts.
- Serves as a resource for, and advocate for the use of market/client knowledge in his/her unit and inter-departmentally
- Systems Knowledge
- Is able to use applicable Flender systems proficiently in day-to-day operations and understands how these systems integrate.
- Uses features of equipment to maximize output
What do I need to qualify?
- Must have a relevant tertiary Degree, preferably an Engineering qualification or similar
- Must have 5 – 8 years Account management or Technical sales experiences within the Mechanical Drives Environment (With an emphasis on External Sales & customer development) preferably focussing on the African Region outside of South Africa
- Experience in Marketing, Finance and Services
- Must be willing to travel extensively within SA and Africa
Job ID: 106622
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time