The Governance Project
Quality Services (PQS) Team proactively engages within SHS IT projects and
across service/application teams in support of successful business results.
The initial primary focus for PQS team members in the Global Delivery Center (GDC) will be in assessing the quality of IT system change requests from a process, documentation, and regulatory compliance perspective, and approving changes for production use.
Over time, focus can shift from individual IT change requests to larger IT project efforts, where the engagement is even more supportive where authoring of IT documentation and testing help, and other support is needed to reach successful results
The PQS team member responsibilities include sponsorship, design, and continual improvement of the PM practices and metrics. This includes the processes and tools used to execute the global PM standards, as well as, incorporation of / interface with / proposing of improvements for other topics, processes, and tools that support project success that influence or are executed as part of projects, but not owned by the PM Process Owner (E.g., demand management, change management, supplier management, quality management, requirements engineering, for data privacy and cyber security controls, …).
Roles & Responsibilities:
with project teams to ensure PM global standards are known and understood.
• Assess gaps in project team understanding of PM global standards and support resolving any gaps through training, counseling, and/or planning.
• Support development of PM global standard deliverables through authoring, reviewing, and approving as defined by the process.
• Establish a trusted, value add relationship with the project teams as assigned.
• Propose improvements for PM global standards with a focus on digitalization and automation.
• Apply LEAN principles in support of the principles of SHS.
• Develop KPIs and measurements to track project performance and improvements.
• Travel internationally on a regular basis, based on assignments.
• Other duties as assigned and necessary to ensure that SHS IT performs at the highest level and is providing value to our Business Partners.
Technical Skills Needed
• Experience working with various IT project management methodologies (especially Agile, SCRUM, and SAFe)
• Experience working with IT system development lifecycle (e.g., requirements, system development, testing, production implementation)
• Experience or basic understanding of LEAN principles, tools, and methods (e.g., value-focused mindset, A3 problem solving, Kanban, retrospectives)
• Experience or basic understanding of project management topics (e.g., management of scope, schedule, budget, risk, resources, quality, suppliers, communications, stakeholders, and team operations)
• Experience working within a global IT organization that supports a healthcare regulated environment of services and systems (e.g., having at least a basic understanding of FDA 21CFR and Part 11)
• Experience supporting, as project manager, systems analyst, or quality manager, global IT systems where processes and regulations are embedded into the operational workflow (e.g., SAP)
• Skills to support global IT regulatory requirements fulfillment (e.g., understanding of electronic records and signatures, data privacy, information security)
• Experience in auditing documentation content and process compliance related to IT project management and application development
• Experience in IT systems requirements engineering is preferred but not required
• An understanding of PM global standards – including processes and tools - this includes interfaces to other processes and compliance topics, like how requirements and testing are aligned to ensure optimal project performance and quality.
• An understanding of foundational PM principles including management of scope, schedule, budget, risk, resources, quality, communications, suppliers, stakeholders, and team operations.
• An understanding of SHS compliance topics to ensure effective execution within a project.
• An understanding of contemporary PM principles including Lean, Scrum, and Agile.
Soft Skills Needed
skills to proactively build relationships and trust across project teams
• Interviewing skills to proactively talk with individuals and groups, and to ask the right questions to surface essential PM needs
• Listening skills to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
• Analytical skills to critically and proactively evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, to effectively communicate guidance for PMs and support successful PM standards implementation
• Facilitation skills to proactively provide PM with the necessary information for effective project execution across process and tools
• Observational skills to proactively validate information obtained via other techniques and expose areas of gaps or areas for improvement
• Problem-solving skills to contribute to resolutions necessary for project results
• Leadership skills to foster teamwork and a collaborative environment focused on business results
• Flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment with the ability to adapt to changes quickly
• Writing skills to communicate information proactively and effectively to PMs and others across SHS IT with respect to the global PM standards
• Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during project execution and to cope with rapidly changing project environment
• Interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts for project teams
- Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
Extra days-off (bridge days, sick days)
Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
Socializing programs (teambuildings)
Referral employee program (bonus for new hire)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards : from 2300 EUR brutto /month + VAR*
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Job ID: 106646
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time