Siemens HTT is leader in the field of Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) for various applications such as Combined Cycle power plants, Oil and Gas industry, Process industry, Floating Power Plants etc. We are currently seeking an R&D Engineer to join our R&D group.
The R&D department acts as the center where new technologies in the field of heat transfer are explored and translated into practical products for our portfolio. These can be direct translations of our current technology base, but we’re also looking into new fields like electric heat transfer or 3D printed heat exchangers.
As part of Siemens HTT R&D, a group of engineers is working on pushing the theoretical basis of heat transfer, developing new tools, and with that, conceptualize new designs. We design our new products by making extensive use of digital prototyping with FEA and CFD. You can think of ultralight offshore steam generators, recuperators for enhanced gas turbine cycles, or energy storage systems, to electric furnace replacements and high power-density applications for aerospace. In that, Siemens HTT R&D takes part in international multi-disciplinary teams with other Siemens offices around the world.
We are currently looking for an engineer to strengthen our team. The primary function of this role is to design and perform the digital prototyping through CFD with a strong consciousness of FEA and chemistry. In addition, it is expected that you will take part in the international teams in overall power conversion developments.
If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you!
As an R&D Engineer, you are expected to demonstrate the following skills:
- Display a deep understanding of fluid mechanics
- Display an understanding of thermodynamic processes and heat transfer
- Demonstrate the ability to absorb new knowledge and translate that to product applications
- Analytical skill and the use of creative thinking for problem-solving
- Assume accountability and ownership of your assigned responsibilities
- MSc. Degree in Mechanical-, Aerospace- or Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum requirement: recent graduate (please provide a grade list) or 2 years' work experience
- Experience and knowledge of CFD
- Ability to master different CFD/FEA packages
- Able to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary work environment
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Dutch
- ANSYS Fluent/CFX/Structural
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German
Interested? If so, apply now!
An assessment and screening may form part of the application procedure.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job ID: 106661
Sector: Gas and Power
Ervaringsniveau: Recent Graduate
Soort baan: Fulltime