The successful candidate will provide business-oriented legal advice and counseling to internal stakeholders. Responsibilities include the following:
- Counsels business partners as a trusted advisor in legal matters in assigned area.
- Identifies and analyzes legal risks and opportunities, and drives solutions.
- Ensures effective legal control of agreements by drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements in assigned area, including those related to tenders, M&A, sale and purchases.
- Manages claims and legal proceedings, both offensive and defensive.
- Compiles reports on material legal risks and proceedings to meet relevant internal and external regulations and requirements.
- Ensures adherence to given legal policies and processes.
- Performs company secretarial tasks.
- Manages outside counsel.
- Selects and manages legal interns.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in corporate, commercial and M&A, gained from multinational company and/or international law firm. Experience in construction and antitrust is a plus
- Qualified in Hong Kong or a common law jurisdiction.
- Proven experience in managing major projects (e.g. construction, M&A, litigation, investigations) preferred.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is a must. Ability to converse in Cantonese is ideal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate complex legal issues and solutions to non-lawyers in simple terms.
- A natural leader with the professional and personal stature to be effective at all levels of the company.
- A quick learner who can think on his/her feet.
- A person who is capable of and enjoys working independently and autonomously.
- Someone who possesses integrity and honesty, drive, curiosity and commitment.
Job ID: 106819
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time