Sales and Business Development Engineer
Siemens Digital Grid in Spain is currently experiencing an increased growth in the demand for energy efficiency analytics services. Siemens Digital Grid is the second largest software product house within Siemens and first Grid Simulation and Grid applications player in the market.
Siemens Digital Grid delivers enhanced financial, technical and operational value to its customers through enduring service partnerships that encompass consult, design, build, operate and maintain functions throughout a lasting successful relationship and a service lifecycle. At the heart of the service offering is the concept of Siemens providing more immediate results for customers than traditional projects can, for that reason we would like to count on a Sales and Business development Engineer for managed services portfolio in our area.
What are my responsibilities?
The position works within 2 horizons.
Continue the existing Go to Market strategy for the Energy Efficiency Analytics (EEA), Delegated Dispatch for Renewables and Control Center for Small DSO Services within the Spanish market addressing industrial, power generators and utility customers, among others. For that,
- You will be responsible for the sales, marketing and promotion activities of the mentioned services
- You will need to develop and adapt the current go to market strategy
- You will need to perform and plan marketing activities
- You are expected to engage with the regional sales team and distribution sales vertical to expand the sales
- You will be responsible for the financial status and forecast of the mentioned service within the Spanish region
- You will be expected to stablish a healthy pipeline of opportunities and development plan for retention and growth securing challenging order intake results that meet or exceed business objectives.
- You will need to work in collaboration with many Siemens stakeholders, across DG HQ Vertical and Product Sales, Technical Sales, Bid Management, Siemens Product Houses, IoT Solutions, DG Business Leads and Sales Teams.
Medium term horizon
- You will develop a new portfolio of services and business models together with our customers, headquarters and other Siemens expert areas that will secure our future profitable growth aspirations.
- You will support the overall business growth strategy through new sales and account maximization, leading the business development agenda across all customers and markets.
- You will develop a strong decision maker network that will enable you to influence and support the sales cycle of key opportunities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- 3-5 years proven experience in the sales field and “as a Service” type sales
- 3-5 years proven experience as SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Business Development and Sales
- 3-5 years proven experience in the Energy efficiency industry (software, international standards, etc), Renewable sector and Utility sector
- A reputation for taking initiative, setting goals, and getting things done
- Experience in working with sales delegates
- Knowledge of the distribution and partners sales channels
- Understand the matrix of a corporate environment to do business.
- Able to travel extensively on a regular basis and to be flexible in the working week
- Fluent in both Spanish and English, further languages will be a plus.
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 106901
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time